Re: gutenbrowser trigger ICE on m68k - known issue?

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 10:17:57AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> When compiling gutenbrowser on m68k for debian, it triggered an
> internal compiler error.  Is the issue on
> <URL:http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=gutenbrowser> a known
> issue?

gcc-4.0 on m68k triggers many ICEs currently; this is known, yes.

I'm (supposed to be) working on reproducing them all, checking whether
they fail with gcc-3.4 and/or gcc-snapshot, too, and filing bugs where
appropriate. It's a hell of a job, however, and I've been slacking
lately.

In the mean time, you can try compiling with a lower optimizer level
set; usually, that fixes it (but not always).

pavement is precisely one bananosecond