Re: Unable to boot Woody on Amiga

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 03:39:53PM -0700, R.P.Donoghue wrote:
> Installs OK - no obvious errors or missing parts (follows the exact
> script described in the installation guides).  Reboot amiga (by
> allowing the installer to reboot the machine).  Then open a text
> editor and write the boot file.
>
> amiboot-5.6 -k linux.bin root=/dev/hdb1 ro
>
> save (I called it 'startdeb') and set executable flag.  Move
> amiboot-5.6 into command path (I put it into my c: directory).

Well, that's your problem; you're referring to the kernel (linux.bin)
without specifying a path.

If you move it into your command path, you need to specify a full path
to the kernel to make it work. E.g., if the kernel can be found in
"c:\linux", make the command line look like

amiboot-5.6 -k c:\linux\linux.bin root=/dev/hdb1 ro

That should do it.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond