Re: CD-ROM mount failed

[Cc set to -boot, where the installer is being developed, because I'm
afraid not many people on -68k will know how to help you out with the
installer problems. -boot: Petr Stehlik is an ARAnyM upstream developer]

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 03:00:03PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have just tried 2005-04-23 CD ISO image of Sarge on ARAnyM (kernel
> 2.4.27-atari) and it still fails when it's Scanning CD-ROM (the progress
> bar stops at 14%, if it means anything). The error message is something
> like "Cannot mount CD" and funny (or actually sad) is that the CD is
> mounted already on /cdrom and all files seem available.
>
> When clicking on the Retry button the log on 4th console eventually
> shows the following:
>
> anna: grep:
> anna: /cdrom/dists//Release
> anna: : No such file or directory
> anna: WARNING **: bad d-i Packages file
>
> It still seems to me that the name of this distro got lost in the file
> path - should have been /cdrom/dists/sarge/Release...
>
> Can someone with Atari (or any other m68k machine) please confirm or
> deny this problem?
>
> Good is that the sarge d-i contains "Checking CD-ROM integrity" option.
> Thanks to that I ensured that the CD ISO image is in perfect shape
> before I posted this message.
>
> Should I enter it into BTS? I reported it month ago already but nothing
> has changed since then.

Have you reported it as a bug in the BTS, or rather as a post like this
one? In the latter case, filing a bug might be a good idea, to make sure
we don't lose track of this.

> P.S. ARAnyM 0.9.0final is in Debian sid already
> (http://packages.debian.org/aranym) so everyone can test this for
> themselves. Setting it up is very easy. I'd eventually write a short
> article about booting Sarge in ARAnyM if you were interested.

That would be a very good idea, I think. Please do that.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond