Re: Kernel 2.6 and Mac-Hardware

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 11:45:14PM +0100, KAMINSKI@ikp.tu-darmstadt.de wrote:
> does a working 2.6 kernel for a performa 475 exist?
> i consider installing som
> e unix-like OS on the performa (hey i bought
> recently a 50 Mhz upgrade for it *g*) and i'm looking know for the best
> OS for my purpose.
> I want use it as a DSL-Gateway or X-Client.

I suspect that there would be issues running any current 2.6 kernel
on this hardware, but there are not very many models that work. The
2.2 kernel should work fine on it, so the current stable Debian
would be fine. I know that is a little out of date, but you could
upgrade it later.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com