FW: Call for m68k/atari debian-installer testers

Hello List,

> > How much RAM can you fit in a Sun-3? Debian-Installer needs
> quite some RAM
> > these days...
>
> We've had a successful test at 24MB. I'm rather hoping some changes I
> have planned will drop that to 16MB, without changing the form of d-i.
> After that, we'll have to get a bit more radical. I'd like to see how
> low we can go, but don't plan on any of that for sarge.

On ATARI RAM is also an issue.

so this weekend I tested the debian installer on my three falcons with
the following setup:

Falcon with CT060 (full MC68060 card by Rodolphe Czuba), 512 mb FastRAM,
14 mb ST-RAM, Videl (640x480x256)
Falcon with Afterburner (full MC68040), 64 mb FastRAM, 4 mb ST-RAM, NOVA
(1024x768x256)
stock Falcon (MC68030/68882), 14 mb ST-RAM, Videl (640x480x256)

Although I am using MiNT/N.AES mainly I tested every machine with TOS
4.04.

These are the results:

Falcon/AB: bootstra.prg (Version 3.2) starts but complains: Unable to
allocate memory (only 4 mb ST-RAM)

Falcon/CT060 and Falcon030:
attempt to access beyond end of device
01:00: rw:0, want 7511, limit=4096
Ext2-fs error (device ramdisk (1,0))
ext2_read_inode: unable to read inode
block-inode = 987, block 7510
kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init = option to kernel

(I have written down this error message, so its the actual output
written on screen).

I also tried a woody installation with my Falcon/CT060, there the
installation starts but unfortunately a lot of error messages are
printed onto the screen. /dev/ttyS2, no such device, /dev/ttyS4, no such
device etc. (this error messages is written down from my memory, perhaps
the actual output is a little bit different :-))