Re: Unidentified subject!

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 06:18:21PM +0300, gem wrote:

> QUADRA 650
> I accidentally trashed Open Transport from the Quadra 650 and I am
> now having a tough time putting it back as the floppy and CD drives
> are faulty. The systems diskettes were badly kept and are damaged
> too. Thought would transfer a copy - Open Transport - from the
> Powermac but cannot access the Quadra thru sharing.
> The external Optical Drive while can be read on the Quadra cannot
> read on the Powermac. How else can I transfer Open Transport to the
> Quadra?

By using AppleTalk?  If you don't have "properly terminated" LocalTalk
hardware, you can use a serial cable instead.

> 2. Have a 270MB Syquest Drive bought several years ago but was never
> actually used. Does it need software to mount?

Yes, I think it does.  It wouldn't hurt to connect it (while the power
is OFF) and then boot up your Mac to see if it's recognized.

Check The Mac Driver Museum:

  http://www.macdrivermuseum.com/

Google is your friend:

  http://www.google.com/search?q=syquest+270+driver+%22mac+os%22

A page from the Low End Mac:

  http://lowendmac.com/macdan/010511mu.html

The Syquest web site:

  http://www.syquest.com/

> DATE & TIME
> Several times the time and date on my G4 keeps going back to 1904 and
> gives a wrong date. Have replaced the batteries to no avail. What
> else can be done?

I like to use the Network Time control panel for time synchronization on
older Macs.

  http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/cgi-bin/NewSearch?key=network+time

Dave