Re: ccompiler failure on 2.4.24

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, David D. Kilzer wrote:
> The attached patch will also fix this compilation issue.
>
> Looking at the CVS history of include/asm-m68k/keyboard.h, it looks like
> Ray Knight added these macro definitions in revision 1.1.1.1.2.1, then
> Geert Uytterhoeven removed them in revision 1.1.1.1.2.2.
>
> I don't understand why they were removed, though, since they are defined
> in keyboard.h in every other arch.
>
>   http://lxr.linux.no/ident?v=2.4.22;i=kbd_read_status

IIRC, I removed them because (a) they weren't in include/asm-m68k/keyboard.h in
Marcelo/Linus' tree and (b) I didn't see a reason why we would need them,
because we didn't use pc_keyb.c (AFAIK).

> The reason pc_keyb.c is compiled for CONFIG_MAC is that the mac m68k
> port was changed to use the input core (CONFIG_INPUT) by Joshua Thompson
> in October 2000.

Ah, that was the missing explanation!  I'll revert the change...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds