Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:57:51 +0200
From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org>
Subject: Re: mpfr 2.0.3: bugfix for test suite
To: "Steve M. Robbins" <steven.robbins@videotron.ca>
Cc: mpfr@loria.fr

Hi,

On 2004-10-26 21:14:40 -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> The test suite is broken for non-IRIX mips systems.  Below is a patch
> that I believe fixes it.  It allows Debian mips machines to build the
> package.

Thanks. I've applied it to the 2.1+ versions.

> Incidentally, the test suite fails miserably for debian/M68k machines
> [http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=mpfr&ver=2.0.3-2&arch=m68k&stamp=1098778660&file=log&as=raw]

Until MPFR 2.0.3, most tests assumed that the IEEE-754 standard was
supported. This has been fixed in MPFR 2.1.0 (not released yet) and
above.

The 2.1.0-rc1 can be found here:

  http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-2.1.0/mpfr-2.1.0-rc1.tar.gz

The rc2 should be for tomorrow if nothing wrong appears in the
automatical tests.

Regards,

----- End forwarded message -----