Re: test 2.6.8.1 on AMiga

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Storm66 wrote:
> If the init.d/keymaps.sh is inhibited (as said by Geert) it works with
> an QWERTY lay out, but I do not know how to load (and what) to install
> a "better" keyboard.

`loadkeys fr'? (don't know how the Amiga keymaps are called, at least the
French PC layout should be called `fr')

> The system seems more "responsive" with the 2.6 kernel than with the 2.4
> one, but I think that more memory is used as free memory is very small
> even if more that 50Mo are "cached".

I also have the impression it needs a bit more memory. Of course my 2.4 kernel
is modular, while my 2.6 isn't.

Anyway, it won't boot in 2 MB of RAM anymore, while older kernels used to.
Time to port the Matt Mackall's tiny-patches to m68k (most of them are
arch-independent, but a few are)?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds