Re: No Key Repeat in X

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:05:19 +0200 (MEST)
Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Joel Ewy wrote:
> > So if nobody else is having this kind of problem I must have hit some really
> > peculiar bug in X or something.  Am I using a version of X nobody else is
> > running on a Mac?  Anybody have any ideas about where to start debugging this
> > thing?  I've looked at xev, and it tells me when I press and release keys,
>
> What does `xset -q' say (`auto repeat: on/off')?
>
> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
> 						Geert

xset says key repeat is on:

Keyboard Control:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
  auto repeat delay:  660    repeat rate:  25
  auto repeating keys:  00ffffffffffff3f
                        f87fffffffffffff
                        7f00000000000000
                        0000000000000000
  bell percent:  50    bell pitch:  400    bell duration:  100

According to the xset man page the auto repeat delay is in milliseconds, but just for kicks I held a key down for over a minute to make sure the xserver wasn't interpreting it as 1/10 sec.  Still no repeat.
I haven't found any documentation that sufficiently explains how to read the auto repeating keys section, but I have tried quite a few different keys from the main alpha-numeric keys to the function keys, to the numeric keypad and arrow keys, but never get any repeat, so I doubt that has anything to do with it.
--
Joel Ewy
jce-m68k ~at~ swbell ~dot~ net