Re: Xf86 and fbdev, unresolved symbol

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 cummings@stingray.net wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > If there's anyone else interested, please talk to me.
>
> How exactly do you want help?  I'd be willing to install things and edit
> configs etc.  I don't think my Amiga has the amount ram needed to compile
> it in my lifetime, but it will run it and I can help out by testing
> releases to see what kind of bugs exist.

I don't think (read: hope) X needs much more RAM for compilation than it did 9
years ago, when I did development and m68k binary releases of XFree86 on my
A4000/040 with 12 MB of RAM. Recent gcc may need more RAM for compilation,
though. And you need to compile the X server only.

It will be slow, but it should work.

Alternatively, you can cross-compile.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert