Re: mouse for x

Joel,

That worked. I wonder why the ADB mouse is not part of the config. Maybe someone can fix that.

Tony

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:03:03 -0600
Tony Pitman <tony@shatalmic.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get x working on a Q610. I can't seem to figure out what
> device is the mouse.
>
> I have tried doing a cat on all the devices in the input folder and am told
> that no such device exists for all of them.
>
> I do not have a psaux at all.
>
> I installed xfce, dillo, and x-window-system. Can someone tell me what
> device is the mouse to configure for X?

Tony,
I'm running X on a Q840av. Here is an excerpt from my XF86Config-4 file. I'm using /dev/adbmouse and it works well for me. The second and third mouse buttons are mapped to the right alt/option and control keys respectively. I'm still without key repeat in X which has me completely baffled. As you can see below I've been playing with various different things in the keyboard section, and have some experiments commented out, but still have no luck getting autorepeat to work. But I do have a mouse. I'd be very interested in your experience with key repeat once you get X up and running. Good luck.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
#       Option          "XkbDisable"
#       Option          "Protocol"      "Standard"
#       Option          "AutoRepeat"    "250 30"
        Option          "XkbTypes"      "default"
        Option          "XkbCompat"     "default"
        Option          "XkbGeometry"   "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
#       Option          "XkbModel"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh_old"
#       Option          "XkbKeymap"     "macintosh_old"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/adbmouse"
        Option          "Protocol"              "BusMouse"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

--
Joel Ewy
jce-m68k ~at~ swbell ~dot~ net