Re: Please Help Test debian-installer rc1 on m68k

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 09:33:28AM +1000, david howe wrote:
> hi all
>
> The Installation manual (sect 5.1) describes booting from macos, but
> unless you rtfm completely, I could imagine a newbie thinking it is
> possible to boot from a cd (there is a sentence that explains the only
> machine to boot from cd is a BVME6000 - whatever that is:) I think it
> might be clearer to explicitly state that you can ONLY boot from penguin
> (successfully;)

Okay, so do you think that section 5 is the place for that or section 2
(installation media)?

> There is no Penguin booter on the cd
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/m68k/rc1/sarge-m68k-netinst.iso
> nor can i find a kernel image. There are 3 files in the install/
> MANIFEST
> root.bin
> root22.bin

I stand corrected. Now I have to figure out why debian-cd appears to
be building sid cds correctly, but not sarge. :-(

Everything in MANIFEST should be there plus bootloaders.

Thanks a bunch!

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>