CLgen driver and video modes

Hello,

I'm trying to use some of the higher resolution video modes of the
clgen driver on my EGS Spectrum video card on my A2000.  I'm entering
the command:

"video:clgen:monitorcap:50;100;30;54,mode:med"

on the Amiboot command line (which does show up in dmesg)
but it still seems to come up in the 640x480 instead of 800x600
according to the documentation I have seen (clgen.txt, included
with the Debian m68k distribution).

I have read from a WWW search that this functionality may have been
disabled in later kernels, and that there may be a patch out there
to put this feature back in.  Does anyone have this, or suggestions
for getting higher resolution?

Thanks,

--Lance
LanceTag@Luminet.net