Re: Call for m68k/atari debian-installer testers

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 12:54:44PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-06 08:46:00 +0200, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be>
> wrote in message <20040506064600.GI5013@grep.be>:
> > On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 01:30:59AM -0400, Ray Knight wrote:
> > > On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 10:21, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> > > Dropping the 2.2 kernel from sarge will mean no support for m68k Macs
> > > until someone fixes 2.4 or 2.6 in that regard.  Currently there isn't a
> > > stable 2.4 or 2.6 kernel for the m68k Macs.
> >
> > He's only talking about 2.2 for atari; 2.2 for mac will remain for as
> > long as is necessary.
> I still like the idea of having some "Old Hardware Test Centre" to keep
> things running with one or two persons working on them full-time:)
> However, some money needs to be put on the table for that :-/

I think the Debian project only owns a couple of Amigas and maybe Macs.
Unfortuantely it seems the debian-m68k developers only have amigas and macs
themselves (plus one atari hiding in a closet with harddisk problem?), but
no (working) atari or vme machines (nor q40/q60). Now if somebody would
doante such machines to the project, or sell them for a reasonable price (ie
below ebay price...), Stephen would not have to ask that often.

Maybe we should add VME there, and some parts (nics, external case for SCSI
disks, video cards come to mind).

Re q40: I've put a kernel-image for testing up on

If I get positive feedback, I will upload it to the archive. Since I never
heard back from the sun people, I can not build images for sun yet.