Re: X11 on Performa 400

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 02:35, James Longstreet wrote:
> I've gotten XFree86 installed on my Performa 400 (68030 16MHz).  I've
> been having trouble my mouse to work correctly.  I'm using an ADB II
> mouse.  From a quick `ls /dev`, I determined I should use /dev/adbmouse
> for my mouse device... but that doesn't seem to work.  When I do `cat
> /dev/adbmouse` on console, the output doesn't seem to have anything to
> do with how i move the mouse, and when I click, cat dies, saying "cat:
> /dev/adbmouse: resource temporarily unavailable".  Once I start X, as
> soon as the 'X' cursor would be responding to mouse movement, i.e. not
> stuck in the center of the screen, it immediately goes to the lower
> left corner, and moves randomly a little bit, but not so that I have
> control over it.
>
> My XFree86Config-4 file is attached below:
[snip]

> Section "InputDevice"
>          Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>          Driver          "mouse"
>          Option          "CorePointer"
>          Option          "Device"                "/dev/adbmouse"
>          Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
                                                    ^^^^^^

An ADB mouse that uses the PS/2 protocol?

>          Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>          Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> EndSection

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

Why is cyber-crime not being effectively controlled? What is
fueling the rampancy?
* Parental apathy & the public education system
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/feature_story-
150.html