Re: how to install mk8k

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 11:12:56PM -0800, Joseph Wmson wrote:
>  Hello  Tech support;
>
> I have  an mac 605 and 800  model, but I don't have a cdrom .
> Therefore, I need  instructions on where an floppy installation
> can be retrieved and  how to install from an floppy installation.
> Please help  Thank you

A floppy installation isn't possible, as the floppy drive isn't
supported by the kernel.

What you could do is download the needed files for installation to your
hard disk (the kernel and the installer) and do a network-based
installation. If you have a network interface, that is (a modem or
nullmodem will do, albeit that this will be very slow); if you don't,
your only other option will be to download the files to your hard disk
and install from there. That will, however, require quite a large hard
disk for m68k measures...

Also, I'm not sure whether your systems have 68040 processors, but
ensure that they do, and that they do not have an 68LC040; if that is
the case, you have a broken processor which will not be able to run
Linux in a reasonable way.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks