Re: m68k debian-installer call for testers

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:36:49PM +0100, Erik C.J. Laan wrote:

> asking one more question before the actual reboot happened. Soo: I can't
> tell how much time it took, but certainly over 12 hours.

That's slow, but it sounds like we actually support 24MB already and
there's still some quite a bit to clean up.

> I'll wait with starting from the base-installed partition until this
> weekend, when I have time to install and configure the packages it
> probably still needs to install in the second phase of the installation.
> Or is there no second phase anymore? I still haven't seen
> dselect/tasksel, so I guess there is.

Yes (properly base-config).

> >Please file an installation report, however far you get from here.
>
> Is this enough for an installation report, of is there a formal way to
> do that? It's not that I'm not willing to, I just don't know how to. Or
> is that done through the BTS?

It's a template mailed to the BTS.

See installation reports at the following for the howto.
<http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/current/doc/INSTALLATION-HOWTO>

A sample template may be found at
<http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template>.

It's really just about d-i, so I think you can fill it out now if you
like.

Thanks!

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>