Re: Debian/Linux/BSD/UNIX on Mac *SE*

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 23:21, Joe Clark wrote:
> Hi there.  I got the brainstorm tonight to consider turning a couple old
> doorstop Mac SE's I've got sitting around into very very basic Linux
> machines.  It looks like most sites point to the fact that there are
> options for an SE/30, but not really any options for a Mac SE (68000).  Do
> any of you know of any options at all for the SE, or is it really just a
> doorstop these days?
>
> Thanks.
> - Joe

um on those machines with no fpu or even mmu your best bet would be
minix for a posix type os... it is very limited relative to linux (cant
run X, runs as an app under macos) but give you a shell with a rather
robust slice of unix...other then that your best bet would be to port
uClinux, or a variant thereof...

sloopy.