Re: free Unix for FPU-less m68k (was woody on lc475)

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 16:04:10 -0500 (EST)
John Klos <john@sixgirls.org> wrote:

> As far as I know, soft-float support is not a part of gcc yet. We're
> working on that, though, and we have a modified toolchain running on
> NetBSD which produces a working system which makes no FPU calls. While it
> still is not perfect, it is a completely stable and usable system. Bruce
> O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org> did most of the work of creating the
> soft-float patches.
>
> So if you're interested in a free Unix that works now, check out:
> ftp://lilith.sixgirls.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.1/amiga-softfloat/
> ftp://lilith.sixgirls.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.1/mac68k-softfloat/
>
> These were built using the release source tree from late August. We will
> have another binary release for NetBSD 1.6.2, which will come out soon.
>
> Also, I have a fast m68060 building soft-float binary packages; about 2100
> are already built and can be downloaded from:
> ftp://lilith.sixgirls.org/pub/NetBSD/pub/NetBSD/packages/m68k/
>
> NetBSD 2.0 will use gcc 3.3; when we do soft-float for 2.0, we expect to
> then be able to get soft-float into gcc.

thanks!! i have installed your system and it run nice, now i want install an application, i have to get get the sources and build them whitout the floating point? using the make command what is the correc syntax?