Mutt not finding messages in mbox format file

Hello,

I'm trying to get Mutt working on my 68K debian machine.
I have put an mbox format file in /var/mail/username
which the bsd mail program reads just fine.

When I run Mutt, it reads the file, but it does not find
any messages in it.  I know it reads the file, it does
show the size of file on its window, and I've watched
the disk activity when it was a larger mbox format file
I was testing.  Also tested a small file, no difference.

Is anyone else using Mutt on the 68K who can help me
solve this?

Thanks,

--Lance
--
Lance Tagliapietra | lancetag@luminet.net | Contract Software Engineer
Amiga Enthusiast   |   TeXnically Aware   | Embedded Systems Developer