Re: TT 030 but Atari novice. memory ?

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 06:14:40PM +0100, thierry barrau wrote:
> hello
>

> I try to run linux on a ATARI TT 030.
> It is for friend because he is Atari and me i'm Linux !
> I have tryed to run bootstra with the bootargs and  he tell me that there is
> not enough memory for root.bin.
> the TT 030 have 4mo of STRAM
> Do you think there is not enough memory.
> I tryed to delete the - r root=root.bin in the bootargs file and linux boot
> and he tell me that there is no root file system.(i have seen the tux picture
> !!)

Yes, the woody install will require at least 8M of memory and
probably 12. You could look in archive.debian.org and retrieve
an older potato (it had a low-memory install which was supposed
to work with 5M on i386) or maybe slink distribution.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People