Re: Amiga parallel port printing 2.4.20 kernel

Hi Geert,

I have added additional dmesg output from the 3 kernels which I have tried:

http://www.luminet.net/~lancetag/dmesg-2.2.20
http://www.luminet.net/~lancetag/dmesg-2.2.25
http://www.luminet.net/~lancetag/dmesg
(the last is for the 2.4.20 kernel).

In the 2.2.xx kernels above, the parallel port driver does not
show its init message until the first time an lpr command is used
to print a file.  This is visible in the 2.2.20 dmesg as the last
two lines (the buserr in the 2.2.xx kernels is for xdm, which
does not like starting at boot, but runs fine from a startx, 2.4.20
is OK at boot).

So, I'm not sure what to look at next.  The 2.4.20 kernel does
not seem to want to load the driver the first time it is used.  Nor
does it load the driver during the boot process.  Suggestions welcome!

--Lance