Re: free Unix for FPU-less m68k (was woody on lc475)

Hi,

> > NetBSD 2.0 will use gcc 3.3; when we do soft-float for 2.0, we expect to
> > then be able to get soft-float into gcc.
>
> thanks!! i have installed your system and it run nice, now i want
> install an application, i have to get get the sources and build them
> whitout the floating point? using the make command what is the correc
> syntax?

Put:
MKSOFTFLOAT= yes

into your /etc/mk.conf file, and compiling from pkgsrc and from system
source trees will automatically use softfloat. Otherwise, add -msoft-float
to your compiler options.

pkgsrc docs are here:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/

If you want to use softfloat prebuilt binaries, follow the instructions
here:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/using.html#getting%20started

and use ftp://lilith.sixgirls.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/m68k/All/(whatever)
in place of the ftp URL.

I hope this helps.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs