Re: IDE/GUI-editor for PHP/Perl/HTML/Javascript Files in KDE

Michael Heironimus wrote:

Are there any other editors that I should take a look at?

gvim or emacs, depending on which side of the vi/emacs fence you come
down on. Both do syntax hilighting and run in X. Or Quanta Plus if you
want something that is an actual KDE app.

I'll second emacs, with a nod to folks in the vi(m) corner. Syntax highlighting for everything from PHP to CSS.

I tried Bluefish for HTML/PHP for a while and then binned it. I hated it, mostly because I can't bear to code on a *white* screen with colored syntax. Holy headache Batman!

Branden