Re: LDAP Referral via Browser Errors

First, please do not send HTML-formatted emails to mailinglists. Thanks.

On your question:

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 08:08:40AM -0500, R Seiji wrote:
>    Link: File-List
>
>    All tests from command line seem to indicate that the LDAP server is
>    operating correctly.  Even able to do command line lookups from another
>    machine.
>

>    HOWEVER, cannot get responses via web browser.  Get an error.

This isn't m68k specific, you actually wanted to ask this on
debian-user. In any case, an LDAP server isn't supposed to talk HTTP
(the protocol a web browser speaks), it obviously talks LDAP; so the
fact that you cannot see it in a web browser, is expected and normal
behaviour. If you want to view the data of your LDAP-server
graphically, I suggest that you either try the tool 'gq' in the package
of the same name, or that you write a webinterface using php4-ldap. If,
however, you read somewhere that mozilla is able to speak LDAP, then you
misunderstood what was said there; mozilla is indeed able to communicate
with an LDAP-server, but only through the 'agenda' thing it has, and it
is only able to query for inetOrgPerson objects.

HTH.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a