Re: Imaging ... dd.

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 09:59:34AM -0500, R Seiji wrote:
> Copy works fine.  However, when I manually partition and do individual
> dd on a per partition basis, I get disks that either will not boot,
> stall, or have Finder errors.

You probably don't have proper driver partitions on the disk when
you are using this method. The MacOS (and the ROM on 68k Macs) requires
a driver to exist on every partitioned device. The driver is specific
to the transport (such as SCSI), although some drives will have drivers
for multiple setups and various patches to the drivers. It's pretty
messy, and easy to damage if you're not careful.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com