Re: debian3 amiga - probs

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 08:37:25PM +0100, Aled wrote:

> On 07-Oct-02, you wrote:
>
> > At 21:21 10/5/2002, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> >> On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:40:53AM +0100, Aled wrote:

> The only problem now is with Xwindows 4 - i have a keymap for the console
> but under X i only have a keymap for the american keyboard layout, anyone
> know where i can get a UK one?

you can force X to use the console keymap, in X3 it was

  XkbDisable
  AltGr     ModeShift

in the keyboard section, not tried in X4 yet.

> Also the docs for the clgen driver mention various fd0xxx files which should
> exist in /dev for various video modes but none exist (only fb0 - 800x600).

probably obsolete documentation, all modes share the same fb0 entry.

> i have tried to create them using fbset but without much joy, if anybody
> has these files and could send them to me i would appreciate it as i can
> only run X in 640x400 or 800x600 at the moment even though my gfx card and
> monitor should be capable of running much higher resolutions

perhaps you don't need them at all, not sure. mknod would create the
devices eg:
 mknod fb9 c 29 9

Richard