Re: quadra 950 & X

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, R.A. wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been trying to setup XFree86 on my Quadra 950, but so far, this
> is what I get after a "startx":
>
> Fatal server error:
> fbdevScreenInit: unable to set screen params (Invalid Argument)
                             ^^^

You're giving your X server too much information ;-)

The screen parameters cannot be set from within Linux/m68k on Macs. Thus,
the X server needs to use whatever is 'current' when starting. To do this,
you should make sure there's no mode-definition in your
XF86Config-4. Also, try to avoid using DefaultColorDepth.

--
wouter at grep dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"
  -- From the movie "Antitrust"