Re: Mounting 610 floppy drive

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 12:08:17PM -0700, Harold Martin wrote:
> I am trying to mount my Centris/Quardra 610's floppy drive. I've tried
> /dev/fd0 and friends but it doesn't recognize the drive. And yes, I
> checked to make sure a floppy was actually in the drive:)

As I understand it, floppy drives simply aren't supported under Linux on
m68k Macs.

Apple apparently won't release the programming specs.  There's some
might valuable intellectual property there; gotta hold onto that stuff.
God forbid someone other than Apple figure out how to drive the stepper
motor on a double- or high-density floppy drive controller.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    One man's theology is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    belly laugh.