Re: PowerBook 520c

Sacred Eagle wrote:
> > Maybe not as hard as you think: If you have another (linux) machine you
> > can maybe make a serial connection between the two and use that as the
> > 'network' to transfer the debian packages onto the Mac. Because of the
> > small harddisk you probably can't load to much packages, so the slowness
> > of the link will not be to big a problem.
> >
> > HTH, Erik
> > --
> I see.
> I have other Linux machines here allright, but these are PC's. I don't know which of the ports at the back of the Mac is a serial port because they sure don't look like the ports on a PC.
> How do I connect the Powerbook to a PC?

I just assumed your Powerbook would have at least a printer or a modem
port. AFAIK both are serial ports on Mac's. On my Quadra650 the modem
port has a telehone like icon next to it, the printerport a printerlike
icon.

Hope this helps, Erik
Erik C.J. Laan				elaan at dds.nl
Please reply below the message,	 please cut unrelevant pieces from a
reply.