Re: URL debian-68k@lists.debian.org

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 01:07:24AM +0000, Andrew wrote:
> i did a search of the lists.debian.org whith "picasso"and got no
> hits.. i also did one whith "clgen" and got hits of someones config of
> some sort....  but i have seen questions relating to these things on

clgen.txt is not good enough for you? It's directly from the author of the
driver, ok, its not exactly new... but then there is always the source.

> the list and don't know why the search did not find them?????

That sounds like a question for the webmaster or whoever did the search
function you were using.

> i have gone and bought the install cds from a local shop but in the
> hope that the clgen problems would be sold on the cds... but no...

Debian does not sell anything, especially no problems.

What CDs did you buy, official debian CDs? Which version? Probably you got
some version of the potato CDs, which were first released about two years
ago. Even if you got one of the latest point releases, the boot-floppies for
potato/m68k haven't been updated in a while, so the kernel-image on your CD
is probably also about two years old. Or was that three years ago?

> still i get gfx smeg next to the penguin on the boot screen and
> clgen_decode_var()
> Requested:640x480x8
> Virtual:640x1440
> offset:(0,0)
> greyscale:0
> Virtual offset(0)
> each time i change consouls...

Thats a feature, not a bug. But I think this was removed in the latest
kernel-images, so grab 2.2.20-whatever-is-the-latest-for-your-amiga from the
net or build one yourself, and this message should be gone.

> also the blue install screen has vertical white lines all over the
> place but they go away if i change consouls and come back the the
> original one again...  them some times they re-apear when i'm
> scrolling through options....    :-(
> i have wb 3.1
> blizzard 2040 +16m ram
> picasso II+
> i read of someone having similar problems about two weeks aga but can
> not find thier question again, after hours of searching..

Sorry, I don't remember seeing that question. What was the question? Who
cares about the question, when you have the answer...

Christian