Re: patch for kernel 2.2.19

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 09:02:21PM -0800, Erik van Roode wrote:
>    Amiga 2000 battery backed up clock stores years as 2 BCD digits.
>
> Solution:
>    Add 100 during read, subtract 100 before storing.
>    0 <= yy < 78 => year = yy+2000
>    78 <= yy < 0 => year = yy + 1900
Long know problem but nobody ever made a fix. You wont notice it when you
run linux only, do you?

> Notes:
>     A3000 clock used different hardware, but it is supposed to have the
> same problem. It seems to work though ...
Good that you looked into this, but the patch should go to the linux-m68k
mailinglist. But be sure not to send it as:
 application/mac-binhex40
I can not read that without installing additional software, some people on
the list are very irritated even if its MIME encoded...
Please send it as text file if possible.

Christian