Re: xserver shutdown problem

I have repartitioned the drive.

300M Root sda5
40M Swap sda6
500M Usr sda7

reinstall and still xserver crashed after I install gnome, vram is good with 256 color, one thing I notice is that FBDev says
FBDev: Server for frame buffer device
(Patchlevel 11): mfb, iplan2p2, iplan2p4, iplan2p8, ilbm, afb, cfb8, cfb16, cfb32

(**) FBDev: Using default frame buffer vide
(--) FBDev: Video Memory: 480k @ 0xf9001000
(--) FBDev: MMIO regs: OK @ (nil)
(--) FBDev: Type 0 type_aux 0 bit_per_pixel 8
(--) FBDev: Hardware accelarator: None
(--) FBDev: No driver support for hardware acceleration
bpp=8, depth=8, BitPerRGB=8
(--) FBDev: Using cfb8 driver

waiting for X server to shutdown down.

hope this will determine where problem is.
Tak