Re: XF86 Error!

I've done some fiddling. I read in the fbdev docs for Macintosh 68k that
you can only run X using fbdev and the depth you where in, in macos. So I
switched to 256 colours in macos, rebooted, changed the depth in XF86Config
to 8bits and typed startx.

It did the same thing as before [mentioned below]. I copied the last
section of what it spat out:

** Begin Copy **

(**) FontPath set to "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/:unscaled,/usr/lib/X11/fonts/
misc/"
(**) FBDev: Using default frame buffer video mode
(--) FBDev: Frame buffer device: Mac Generic
(--) FBDev: Video memory: 480k @ 0x50100800
(--) FBDev: MMIO regs: 0k @ (nill)
(--) FBDev: Type 0 type_aux 0 bits_per_pixel 8
(--) FBDev: Hardware accelerator: None
(--) FBDev: Nodriver support for hardware acceleration
bpp = 8, depth = 8, Bits Per RGB = 8
(--) FBDev: Using cfb8 driver

waiting for X server to shut down

Prompt:/#

** End Copy **

Not sure what this is on about. There doesn't seem to be any errors.
However it did boot into X, the background appeared and the X also appeared
[no windows]. Then it just quit and gave me that.

Any help would be really appreciated
Thanks a lot
Cameron

Cameron said at ÒXF86 Error!Ó.