newbie questions

Hi all

I have a quadra 840av [what a beast] which I have installed debian on
before. For some reason I took it off, but I'm back into it now. One of the
problems I had last time was not knowing how to get software packages on
there [such as X11 and a window manager etc]. The quadra is currently not
connected to the net, but has a 2nd mac harddrive which had all the
installation files etc. I want to know how do I get the packages off that
second harddrive and installed under debian.

If I remember correctly, the installation setup system [under debian] had a
package installer, but I'm not sure whether that works from the mac drive.

It would be great if somone could shed some light on my situation
Thanks
Cameron