Re: INIT Id "1" respawning too fast (?)

On 27 Jun 2001 09:15:04 -0700, mformica2 wrote:
> Your problem is that that mac uses an LC68040, which doesn't have a real
> FPU.  I don't think Debian Linux works on that CPU, unfortunately (at least,
> not that I've heard).

Actually the problem is caused by an 68LC040 processor with a bad mask
revision.  Unfortunately it seems that all the LC040's used by Apple had
the bad mask revision (perhaps Motorola gave them a bargain on bad
chips!).  The solution to your problem is to find an LC040 with a good
mask revision, or better yet replace with a full 68040.

Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org