Re: Booting to floppy

Why can't we just use a Disk Tools floppy or something to run that
m68k booting app? (The Debian version of BootX, I forgot the name.) That's
what I'm planning to do anyway, within a few days...taking the minimal
System/Finder from the Net Install floppy (the README that comes with it
spefically talks about those files' minimalness) and do the following.

1) On a drive with a swap/root partition pair, format the swap as MacOS
Standard and put the bigger install files there, and make a boot floppy
with the install bits on it.

2) Once Linux is installed, remake the swap as real swap and remake the
install-boot floppy as a regular-boot floppy.

If this plan *won't* work, I'll know when I try it. If anyone has any
pointers on it, I'd appreciate them. The machines in question are Quadra
700s, one of them with the 601 upgrade.

But...hasn't *anyone* thought of doing this before? It may even work with
BootX (I'll try that if doing it with the debian tool doesn't work.)