Forcing 10BT ethernet

I finally figured out what was wrong with my old NuBus NIC that I've been
trying to use on a Quadra for some time now -- nothing!  The problem came
in when the switch I'm using tries to use NWay autonegotiation on the
port, but the card is so old doesn't support NWay.  In addition, the
switch isn't smart enough to realize this and default to 10
BaseT.

Basically, I'm wondering if there is any way that I might be able
to force the switch port which is connected to the NIC to use 10 BaseT
Ethernet.  The only way I know of that would work for sure would be to
connect a plain old 10 BaseT hub/switch to the switch I have now, and
connect the NIC through that.  I would love to find something that didn't
involve buying another hub, however!

Thanks,

--

Tobias McNulty