help!

hi i'm new to linux aand debian and ive had a problem with installing it.
ive put it on a Centris 650 and when i boot in from the root partition,
after the clock setting, it comes up with the error:

/bin/sh: /sbin/termwrap: No such file or directory
/bin/sh: /sbin/termwrap: cannot execute: no such file or directory

i'm the first to admit im a newbie and dont know the first thing about unix.
i would like someone to help me so i can at least learn to use it. if anyone
out there knows what is wrong, please contact me.

HELP HELP!!

thankyou

-Daniel MacLeod