Re: x11 on m68k

[I do not subscribe to this list; please CC me on replies.]

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 12:11:19PM +0100, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> are you already building the security update for X11 on kullervo?

I was.  It turned out there were a couple of security patches that were
left out, so it was worthless.

The build crashed after 45 hours anyway, because some genius had installed
fileutils 4.0s (a very old, broken unstable package) on the machine.

> be sure to apply the patch to the control file, I see you are not using
> sbuild. If you do not use it, the build will fail at the very end, at least
> it always did for me.
> See XFREE-LIBC5-PATCH in /etc/source-dependencies-stable (on kullervo) for
> the patch.

Interestingly, when I forced the package build to completion, this patch
turned out not to be necessary.  dpkg-shlibdeps was able to figure out the
libc5 shared library dependency all by itself.

This indicates a possible problem with sbuild to me.  Does it not know
about the libc5 shlibs file?

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    The greatest productive force is human
Debian GNU/Linux                |    selfishness.