Re: VNC and X

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 11:07:28PM -0500, Russell Hires wrote:

> Can anyone offer any advice on where else I might get all the info I need to
> get a working X session?
tasksel
 [x] X Window System          X Window System (complete)
You will install more than you actually need, but it will work. If something
is missing, you have found a bug.

 Depends: task-x-window-system-core, lbxproxy, libdps-dev, libdps1,
 libxaw-dev, libxaw7, proxymngr, twm, xdm, xfonts-cyrillic, xfonts-pex, xfs,
 xfwp, xlibmesa3, xlibmesa-dev, xlibosmesa3, xlibosmesa-dev, xlibs-dev,
 xnest, xprt, xspecs, xterm, xvfb

Quick guess, you do not need -dev, no cyrillic, no xnest, xprt, xspecs,
xvfb. This is from woody, it might look a little different in potato.

> I need an Xserver, and ... what else?
server, client, some fonts, a window manager and xterm.

> I chose not to install any X stuff when I initially did the install, but now
> I want it to be there. Is is possible to go back to the startup install
> script from when I first installed? There was a list of all the stuff you
> wanted, and just about everything related to X was two or maybe three
> checkmarks.
No you can not go back to that list AFAIK (if you are talking about the
slink list). If you talk about the potato install, run tasksel, thats
probably what you have seen.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato