Cross compiling for m68k

Hi,

To help speed up compilations for my debian installation on my Amiga
3000 (Debian potato), I'm trying to set up a cross compiler environment
on my PC (which runs Debian potato too).

I installed the two packages gcc-m68k and binutils-m68k, but there is no
package for the includes and libraries, so I just copied the contents of
/usr/include and /usr/lib from my Amiga to the /usr/m68k-linux/include
and the /usr/m68k-linux/lib directories respectively on my PC (the
directories already existed, but there was nothing inside them) - is
this ok, or have I done something dumb?

With the above done, I haven't been able to fully compile anything yet
because when it gets to the linking stage, it tries to use
/usr/lib/libc.so.6 on my PC, eventhough it should be using the m68k one,
I can build m68k .o files (well "hello world" works anyway).

Thanks,

Regards,

Ross..