Re: [rnh2@ukc.ac.uk: Debian on my LC II]

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Ben Collins wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from rnh2 <rnh2@ukc.ac.uk> -----
> From: "rnh2" <rnh2@ukc.ac.uk>
> To: <leader@debian.org>
> Subject: Debian on my LC II

<snip>

> I have an old Apple Mac LC II (68030), with 4MB RAM, & 2 80MB HDs.  And I
> have seen that there are friendly versions for 68k (and the LC is supported)
> & yeah before you ask I do have a CD ROM drive.  The question is will I
> require to get a gig or two in order to run it effectively?

Not really. You can run Linux off one harddisk, put the swap partition on
the other, and put a small MacOS partition on that other as well. You
won't have lots of space, but it'll run.

If you want to use it for more than just "console-with-shell", you'll
need a bit more space though, although you could of course mount /usr over
NFS or such.

> I realise that I have contacted someone probably too high up to answer my
> query,

Indeed, so if you have any further questions, direct it to
debian-68k@lists.debian.org

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"