compiling a kernel

Hi,

to install NetaTalk on my Atari TT (it is connected to an iMac via
Ethernet and is running under potato), I wanted to compile a new kernel
(I downloaded the kernel-sources-2.2.19 to install also a newer kernel
version). At the moment it still has the standard kernel 2.2.10
installed. Unfortunately the compilation (make bzImage) stopped with an
error message:

main.c: 1444: warning: implicit declaration of function
'bigphysarea_init'
make: *** [init/main.c.o] Error 1

I was told that this bigphysarea_init is an i386-specific patch. Are
there more i386-specific things in the kernel-sources, which will force
make to interrupt the compilation? If it is the only one, perhaps
uncommenting may help, or are there better suited kernel-sources for the
m68ks around?

Thanks in advance,

greetings,

Kerstin