partitioning difficulties

I am new to Linux, and UNIX in general, and I have been trying to
install Debian on
my Performa 630CD. It seems to have booted fine, but all the
partitioning utilities that can create A/UX partitions I
have been able to find have been for SCSI drives only, and my Performa
has an IDE drive. I have decided to use
the partitioning utility built into Debian, which seems to recognize the
IDE drive,
but I would like to know where I can find some documentation on that
program. I know the risks involved
in disk partitioning, and don't want to mess something up because I
didn't know what I was doing.

Rob