Re: Re-installing errors

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Edward S. Baiz Jr wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to re-install Linux on an external SCSI drive. I have an Atari clone,
> the Hades 060. I keep getting one of three errors: 1) Segmentation error 2)
> Kernal Panic: free list empty and 3) Kernal Panic: free list corrupted.
  ^^^^^^
FYI: This should be "Kernel", not "Kernal".

<snip>

> HADES 060: 256meg Ram, Yamaha CDRW Drive, 1 gig Jaz
>  Drive, MicroTek E3 Scanner, Mach 64 w/4meg Ram, Epson
>  Photo 700 printer, 56k US Robotics Modem, ICQ#91257633
> PROGRAMS: Extendos Gold, Cab 2.8, ScanX, STiK2, aFTP,
>  Calamus SL2000, Newsie, PlayMyCD, Papyrus 8, Smurf,
>  Nova Driver 2.67, NVDI 5, Linux, Magic, N.AES, Geneva

Just a question: are you talking about a m68k processor, or about a
PowerPC?

If the latter is true, you're on the wrong mailinglist ;-)

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium

Try does not exist. Believe that you will do it, else you will fail.

       -- Luke Skywalker,
       in the trilogy "The Jedi Academy", Kevin J. Anderson