RE: Kernel 2.2.19 and gcc 2.95.2

Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Nick Holgate;

>> Okay, I'll try this. Can someone check whether kernel-image-2.2.19-* is
>> affected by this?

>All of the m68k kernel-image-2.2.19 packages were compiled with gcc272, and
>only have NFSD as a module which appears fine on my BVME6000 and MVME167
>systems.

Might I remind you that gcc272 is not a 'supported' compiler today?
There are specific mentions of it in the kernel docs, deprecated because
it does not build correct code, at least for intel-ish cpu's.

Cheers, Gene
--
  Gene Heskett, CET, UHK       |Amiga A2k Zeus040, Linux @ 500mhz
	email gene underscore heskett at iolinc dot net