Re: boot-floppies for stable

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 05:19:19PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > > m68k: Christian recently relocated to the US, and no one else is
> > > willing to do boot-floppies.
> >
> > What work is required for them? I have a very slow LC475 that I can
> > attempt to build them on if that's any help and I'll have a go at
> > doing some sanity testing on them too. Would that be of use? Should
> > I grab boot-floppies and attempt to build them?
>
> I have no idea what state the boot-floppies were left in for m68k.

I've installed the boot-floppies packages (which is version 2.2.22) and
it seems to be ok. So far the only thing I've had to do is find a copy
of bootstra.ttp for the Atari build. I'm sure something else will come
up though.

> If the LC475 seems too slow I can offer you access to a Quadra 650
> with chroot build environments for stable and unstable (650: 33 MHz
> 040, 40 MB RAM).

My main problem so far has been the fact that the LC475 is at the end of
a 56k dialup link. It's slow at building, but seems to be managing.

J.

--
/-\                             |   "I knew the first time I slept
|@/  Debian GNU/Linux Developer |  with a man that I was straight."
\-                              |           -- Coffee Mike