Re: 2.2.18 kernel-images available for testing

mark@foresthaven.com wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 08:47:57AM -0000, Nick Holgate wrote:
> >
> > m68k 2.2.18 kernel-image packages are available for testing at:
> >
> >  http://people.debian.org/~holgate/kernel-2.2.18
> >
> > Please report your findings to this list.
> >

> I tried it on two Mac SE/30s, one with 20MB and one with 32MB. The
> 20MB machine booted and ran fine; the 32MB machine froze up after the
> ABDFGHIJ
>
> -- Mark

This is a known problem with the Mac startup code.  We have a developer
who has been working on resolving the problem.  For now the solution is
to run with 20MB of memory.  Follow the linux-mac68k@mac.linux-m68k.org
mailing list for progress on the development effort.

--
Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org